Wednesday, April 20, 2005


Kitchen by IKEA

After drooling over gorgeous early 20th century cabinetry at our various local salvage yards and antique shoppes, we decided that we would rather gamble with a more contemporary (read: far less expensive) kitchen set up. I, for one, would completely freak if I learned that the new owners of this home ripped out painstakingly restored beautiful old stuff to replace it with something more contemporary or something better fitting their style. So we leave that part of the urban renovation up to the new owners.

For now, they will live with IKEA. Lighted glass cabinets. Wooden countertop. Funky drawer pulls. It's no surprising fact that I prefer the solid construction of yore, and greet the quality-challenged new with a raised brow, but even I was starting to get overly excited at how nice these cabinets will look.

Now if I can just figure out what the heck a Ulricksdahl is, I'll be able to put this stuff together and get it out of our living room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home