Monday, August 01, 2005


New Floors

Got this absolutely lovely 3/4" oak at ifloor for a total steal! And it arrived from Tukwila, WA two days after I placed the order. I wish I could've met the maniac truck driver who made that drive. And then imagine: C's parents drop everything they're doing, drive 20 minutes to our jobsite, and assist C and his bro unloading 35 sixty pound awkward boxes from the flatbead truck that parked on our residential street. Oh, and did I mention that it was a balmy 98 degrees?

Why hardwood? Read your magazines. Watch your tv shows. Scan your home-for-sale listings. Peruse your home furnishings catalogues. Hardwood flooring is where it's at! Durable, reliable, never goes out of style. Pergo is a fine choice for folks who can't afford the time to bargain hunt, but it's just not the same as solid hardwood. According to HGTV (if you put any value on that, and I don't, necessarily), hardwood floors are in the Top Ten of Things That Make Buyers Bite.

Plus, I hate carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home